What a full and beautiful day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
September 2nd 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -36.7992, 175.12

The day start with drizzles, but we headed out anyway, stopping at lovely Cornwell Park (One Tree Hill and farming areas) before catching the 12 ferry to Waiheke Island, a very popular holiday destination in summer and on weekends, with about 5000 permanent residents. It took about 45 mins.
What a delightful visit - Chris and David Sloan picked us up, fed us a wonderful quiche lunch, and showed us their island. We are jealous of their view! We have been in communication by email, sharing our mutual prayer support of Weekends, since about 1992! How great to finally meet. Evidently their son took up an interest in winery things and started getting David involved, and 6 years ago they moved to the island (that's where the vineyards have their own microclimate). There are 2 grandchildren as well, plus another adult daughter who moved there more recently. We caught the 5 pm ferry off the island, to get together with a handful of the couples in their WWME community, for tasty cheese and crackers and local wines and then a mixture of pizzas. What great conversation. It was as if we had known each other forever. that's the nature of sharing an experience such as a Marriage Encounter. We didn't get home till almost midnight!
All in all it was a delightful day.
Tomorrow we are off to the Coromandel Peninsula, full of good ideas and suggestions from these new friends.

Advertisement



3rd September 2016

Looks yummy!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb