second update


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Takapuna
March 24th 2012
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

so im officially a resident of NZ!



I have my IRD number which means i can now be paid for my 4 weeks work i have done! i have a house and i have a phone contract.............i even have a bus card!

so since last time, I have moved into a flat (which to us is a house share) with 4 other people. Denise, a german girl studying a PHS at Auckland uni, she has a german bf could paul who stays alot too!

A kiwi called Mark and his gf mel. Mark is a electriction which came in handy when i broke the kitchen light on my second day...oppps way to make a first impression! and Mel is a teacher in a middle school (year 7 and 8 to us) at a school in the next bay.

Jeremy a kiwi who works for google, not sure what he does for them but hes pretty handy on computers, and his gf julie who is so lovely!



To sum up, im the only single one in the house....just like being in Linn Park! :D I hope they will appriciate the 'whos shoes are these?' games!

I live in a place called Takapuna, which is very headingley. I love just up from the town centre and the beach is just at the bottom of the street. there is a lake across the road too, which is a nice 10K all the way round which me and mel have been power walking.......mel is like woody when it comes to exercise so she doesnt run! We are going to join Les Mills gym in the Mall and start swimming at the pool, although denise is trying to get us to swim in the sea.......still not convinced about this! By the way, the amount of chocolate i have eaten while ive been here is unreal.....i dont even like chocolate.......i need crisps! Theres no walkers and nothing else compares! So when you come and visit id really love you to bring come walkers! cheers!

So i have been ill, shocking i know, im on holiday and im sick! but i think it must have been a 24 hour bug thing, luckily/unlucky it was my day off work so i didnt have to ring in sick, but i did waste the day rotting in bed. The weather was rubbish tho so i didnt feel like i was missing out on somme quality tanning time.

the weather is very strange....started lovely today now its raining! Spose thats what winter is all about!



currently i am checking out cheap deals to get away for four days over easter. Me, niamh and will from work are all thinking of going somewhere and one of niamhs irish friends is going to come along, but we havent settled on anywhere yet, but thinking we should go to the bay of islands, where we can swim with dolphins and Dive, all pretty cool and just hope the weather is nice. Failing this plan, i might fly to sydney for 4 days and stay with a friend there and do some tourist things there, bungy of the bridge!!

Ive been looking into going down to the south island to do some snow boarding, and Dawn invited me to go along with her and her mates, so i think i will definately go and do that! :D Exciting!

im also a member of the library........i finished my book on the epic flight over and thought this was a perfect way to not spend any money! Who knew eh! Also you can rent dvds! :D its a whole new world! haha!

Got a parcel from my mum today with ENGLISH TEA BAGS!!! NZ tea sucks! totally true, if its not yorkshire its shite!

:D love ya loads, miss you more!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb