Build Day 7


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Takanini
November 11th 2008
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Build Day #7Build Day #7Build Day #7

Group Photo
Another good day at the site. Sith and I nailed the battons throughout the home today. Brad and Bill worked on the window flashers. Christy and Jehoidah put in the bathtub. Christy also put up the paneling above the doors. Kirk drove the stick shift truck on the left side of the road all day (by the way, as most have noticed, New Zealanders drive on the left aka "wrong" side of the road and also shift with their left hands). Rachel was puttying/painting/sanding the faccia. Janet went on runs all day with Mike. Lynne and Mary jumped in where needed (sorry ladies if I missed anything!).

The house is looking really awesome (as Mike would say - he really likes the word 'awesome'). We've got all of the windows in. The bricks are here but we have to wait for the inspection on Thursday before the bricklayers can put them in. The roofers came today and it sounds like they will be starting tomorrow. The good news is that the roofers will allow us to work at the site while they are roofing. For awhile, they talked about having us possibly work at another Habitat site while they roofed but it sounds like we will be able to be there.

I am hoping we will get to write in the blog the next few days. Tonight is our last night at the hotel and then we are staying at homestays which are family's of the people who work at Habitat. There will be three nights at the homestays so we are hoping there will be some type of internet access so we can write about our adventures. If not, we will try to write some more while we are in Rotorua this coming weekend.

Kia Ora!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

I'm so hungryI'm so hungry
I'm so hungry

We met this puppy at our site and fed him waaayyy too much food. He was so cute!!
Richard taking a breakRichard taking a break
Richard taking a break

Richard using the wheelbarrow as his Lazy Boy.
Break TimeBreak Time
Break Time

Shannon, Janet, Mary, Rachel, Sith (L to R)


11th November 2008

Incredible!
Look at the progress you've made in just such a short amount of time! I'm sure the family is in 'awe' of the work you've done and is beginning to get really excited about moving in soon! God Bless You All! (It's 25 degrees F. in Appleton this morning and 28 in Minneapolis!)
11th November 2008

Rock on!
You guys are doing awesome - so fun to read the blog every day!!! I don't know where my comments keep going - I try but they never seem to show up. This is what happens to my computer skills when Brad leaves the country... We miss you - but talk every day about the awesome work you guys are doing. (If, in fact, you are getting my comments then you've heard me say that before. But just in case I thought I'd mention it again.) Take care and be safe!!!
11th November 2008

hi friends
Hi Kirk and Bill, I bet you miss seeing me every day in the office. HA! Looks like you've made great progress on the worksite. Good work! If you can, pick up some kiwi chocolate on the way home. Paul L shared his and it was SO good! Keep enjoying the nice weather and people. Now, get back to work! ;) Take care.
12th November 2008

Happy Birthday Sith!
The house looks like it's coming together great! Way to go guys! Happy birthday to Sith! Big 21! :)
12th November 2008

Looks Great!
Looks like the house is moving right along. Glad to hear the over night accomodations were nice!
13th November 2008

Brad and Bill worked on the window flashers.
"Brad and Bill worked on the window flashers." Is that allowed? :)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb