Enroute via Bangkok 1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » South Auckland
August 18th 2009
Published: August 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

18 August, 5.15 nz time, somewhere over queensland
I was doing last minute stuff getting ready to go until a ridiculous hr this am. So feeling sleepy here on the plane. Mum & Dad took us to the airport and saw us off which was lovely. I was driving the 2nd half of the trip & intended to show Mum the route via the Manurewa exit. What a twit I missed it and drove straight past! Wonder how Mum managing on the trip back???
We have been flying for about 3.5 hrs. Had a meal at the slightly odd time of 3pm. Scrummy prawns on spicey noodles for entree - Yummmm! Ann wanted fish for her main but they ran out (or said they did - she later saw a stewardess eating some!) she was not impressed.

We were not strong about the wine and had 2 small glasses of bubbly when it went around - hey.... we had to toast the beginning of this lovely holiday! Have been good and drinking water since and walking and wriggling the legs. Started to watch a movie but too sleepy & realised I didn't have a hope of following it. Switched to an old episode of Earl and found myself laughing aloud but still fell asleep b4 the end.

Love those hot scented towels they bring around!

Plane was half empty so Ann & I managed to score one of those front seats - loads of leg room and really spread our stuff around - yee ha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb