Last full day in New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » South Auckland
July 21st 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tomorrow we leave for Cairns and the great barrier reef, so today we went around some local places.

After breakfast we headed out to New Zealand guide dogs breeding and training centre where Cath had made contact and they agreed to show us around. There were a lot of similarities to how puppy walking is done in the UK. We got to see 10 6 week old puppies, and even a couple of 11 day old ones.

Then back to the farm for a little more horse riding, and a quick lunch.

In the afternoon we toured around the eastern seaboard, calling in at a number of beaches - but the day was a bit changeable so we drove through a few showers and then out into the sun to enjoy the beaches - although there was a wind about too. Then back home for the last night and a huge home made lasagne and to pack for our flight early tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



21st July 2009

Just leaving
Well this is the end of the last day in Year 5. You are now officially a Year 6, Rachel. Enjoy the rest of your holidays. We are particular envious about your visit to The Great Barrier Reef. See you in Year 6. Mr Heard sends his love.
22nd July 2009

School is empty now!
We had a good end to the term. Now we are getting ready for the next one, and looking forward to seeing Simon and Rachel back again. We hope that you all continue to enjoy your trip. When you return, the hall floor will be finished, and hopefully the new stores will be complete.
22nd July 2009

great pictures and scenary. Almost my last day at work before going to France - just have to get through a staff development away day tomorrow. Hope the trip continues to go well Peter

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb