?Merry kiwi/Welsh Christmas!?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Pukekohe
December 25th 2013
Published: January 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The wind down has begun so not really an awful lot to report on today. Most of us popped into town for a look around and a bit of last minute shopping for bits. I got Daryl a few bits from the $2 just as stupid things to open and put in the stocking. The boys played golf in the afternoon, and in the evening, Jan, Laura, Reuben and I went to a carol concert at the local Salvation Army centre, which was nice to do, even though it still doesn't feel right singing Christmas carols whilst wearing flip flops! Also the words in New Zealand differ somewhat from what we sing back home, so we must of sounded a bit strange but we kept on with the only version we knew! Back at the house, we had a few drinks and Reuben left out a carrot and mince pie and we went to bed knowing that Santa would be visiting this part of the world on his first stop.



Christmas Day in New Zealand and Reuben was most excited when he woke up this morning shouting 'merry Christmas everyone!' The morning was spent opening presents-mainly Reuben, we'd managed to buy a few little bits out here as well just for opening and things to play with whilst over here. Now it was a typical Christmas day in that it mainly involved eating and drinking, except this time most of it was cooked on the BBQ (nice) and Cath and Carey were catering for 24 people! They served up a treat though and everyone enjoyed the alternative Christmas meal, in that it wasn't covered in gravy. Some of us managed to Skype family at home which was nice, and for me it was great to see my heavily pregnant sister who is due to pop at any minute. We called Gramps who told us the weather has been bloody horrible and there is plenty of snow on the mountain. I think the biggest giggle of the day had to go to Rhys when he revealed his new tattoo to his less than impressed Mother. Happy Christmas everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb