Refrigeration nearing completion


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » North Shore
May 30th 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're less than one week from departure. It's a three day weekend (celebrating the Queen's birthday) and the tradesmen are not here again until Tuesday. We have crew joining us on this leg to Fiji - Matt and Camelia from France are Oestopaths, which might be useful and are available until August when they're moving to work in Christchurch.

One of the highlights of our time in NZ has been live music ... here are a few artists who play regularly at the venue One 2 One Ponsonby.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

One 2 One PonsonbyOne 2 One Ponsonby
One 2 One Ponsonby

This cafe (121) was formerly Atomic Cafe and their collection of these iconic coffee machines is extensive. Every Thursday musicians arrive with their instruments and jam - talented young people and wrinklies alike.
The European CornerThe European Corner
The European Corner

Antoinette is an accordion player from Holland and Wolfgang a keen photographer from Germany who we introduced to The Bunker. The European mix is very apparent in Devonport on the North Shore where we meet for coffee and catch up on current affairs/share stories.
Micheal YoungMicheal Young
Micheal Young

Micheal takes a session throughout the winter season at The Bunker called Fire in the Mountain where artists sit around the open fire and jam.
Upcoming starsUpcoming stars
Upcoming stars

Mark and Kirsten are local musicians with a great deal of talent.
Walter with the Salthouse'sWalter with the Salthouse's
Walter with the Salthouse's

Judy and John Salthouse have the boatyard in Greenhithe, Auckland where Marnie was constructed in 1985.
Roger Giles - Master of Ceremonies ExtraordinaireRoger Giles - Master of Ceremonies Extraordinaire
Roger Giles - Master of Ceremonies Extraordinaire

Roger runs The Folk Music Club at The Bunker, Mt Victoria, Devonport but can be found at all live events around town.


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb