They think its all over...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » North Shore
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone...

I can't believe that this is the last entry that I will be writing while on this gap year tour! It has been so much fun, and I don't want it to end because I will have to go back to work, and do all of the boring things again!

Thursday was a quiet day for us, we spent most of the morning playing board games with Ellen, and that was fun. At 12 noon, Ellen went to Ranjit's house and Ranee had to go out, so we watched some DVDs, went on the internet and played some card games. It was really relaxing, and we also did a bit of packing.

We were all up at 04:45am on Friday morning, and at 5:20am, we drove to another part of Auckland to watch the ANZAC day parade. ANZAC day is like Rememberance Day, but for the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. It was really good to watch, Billy marched in the parade with all of the returning servicemen, and he saw lots of people that he knew from his time in the Navy. We got back to the house at about 8:30am, and had a really nice breakfast of fruit toast and fruit.

We played some games with Ellen again, and then at about 12pm, we went out to a local mountain type place, and had a picnic lunch. It was a really nice picnic, and we had chocolate and tea - two of my favourite things! Once we had finished our lunch we took the dogs for a walk through some tunnels that were used during the second world war. It was a lovely walk, and we got lots of photos of Auckland, and the surrounding area.

We got back in the afternoon, and ended up playing quite a long game of monopoly, with Ellen and Billy beating Mel and I and taking all of our money and streets! It was really fun. We played this until it was time for dinner, and Ellen and Ranee went out to get pizza, as it was the easiest thing to do.

We had dinner and then once Ellen had gone to bed at about 8pm, we stayed up chatting for ages... It was really interesting to hear about all sorts of child psychology things, and Billy told us about some of the prisoners that he has in his section at the prison! They are CRAZY!

This morning we have finished packing our bags, and we even had time to play another game of Monopoly, Mel won... then Ellen wanted to play, so we started a new game, which is still set out on the lounge floor. We are just having pasta for lunch, and then we will have to get ourselves completely sorted for leaving. We will leave the house at about 5:30pm, and that will get us to the airport for around 6:10pm, and our flight leaves at 21:30.

We will be home in less than 32 hours now... It is a very scary thought, but I am looking forward to seeing everyone again, and getting my own bed in my own room! YAY! Anyways, this is the last post from a foreign country, so I will be seeing you all VERY soon. Watch out!

Advertisement



26th April 2008

Well, I can't believe where the last few months have gone. I truly hope you girls had the most fabulous time. Back to reality soon but remember no one can take those memories away. Looking forward to seeing the photos and videos. Love you loads Mum XXXXX

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb