Day 155 New Zealand, Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
April 21st 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



We woke up and Eduardo and Susane had left for work so we had a lie in, we then went into the city early after getting breakfast in Onehunga,



The bus took about 30 minutes even though it’s only about 15km from the city (Bus 302-304-305 are buses to the city from here). We got off the bus at the civic theatre where we followed some of the Lonely Planet recommendations including Auckland Art Gallery (we were not impressed as all the exhibits in there were just weird, some Billy apple….what are people thinking); we strolled through the Albert park, which was close to the Auckland University; we then passed the Old government house and the clock tower.



We walked up the high street and got to the harbour area where the ferry terminal was, we continued walking to the viaduct harbor, which was pretty. We had a look at the maritime museum but it was not the best so we walked back into the main part of the city.



We also popped into STA travel to check the campervan details for next Monday, they also gave us two free SIM cards, which we were about to buy, so we went to the public library to get some free Wi-Fi and set up the phone with data and international cards.



That is all we had time for so we caught the bus back at 3.30pm with the intention of going to this outlet store in Onehunga but we got on the bus that stopped every where between Auckland and Onehunga, so we didn’t get back until 5.40pm, so we rushed into the outlet and found a few bits but said we would come back tomorrow to make sure we were sure we wanted them!!.



We got back to Eduardo and Susanes house and found they had organised a BBQ for us!! (Best couch surfing people ever!!) We brought another bottle of wine with us for everyone as well.



So the BBQ had everything including chicken hearts on skewers (amazing). We had a great meal and talked about life and different cultures and travels, then Eduardo got out this Brazilian national spirit, Vick and I had shots of it, it was strong and really good (even had an ant in LOL).



After dinner we watched TV and shared notes on travelling, then they offered to pick us up from town on the Sunday we got back, to show us the sites away from the city!! (Again best couchsurf hosts ever!!!) We couldn’t refuse!!!



Everyone was tired so we headed to bed after saying our farewells!! (for now)



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb