Day 154 Australia, Sydney to Auckland New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
April 20th 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



We woke in the morning, it seemed so early, probably because it was still dark outside. Jade’s car had trouble starting for about 20 minutes, her security lock on the car keys was malfunctioning, so Neil took it apart but it still wouldn’t work. When we decided to take the train we all got out of the car, at which point she said lets try the button one more time and it thankfully worked. I think it must also have a sensor on it…. We still got to the airport in plenty of time, but it did mean Jade was a little late for work (sorry Jade).



We walked around the shops at Sydney aiport, but they were doing refurbishments so there were no clothes shops (disappointing). Our flight was delayed an hour too but it wasn’t too bad.



We arrived in Auckland at 4pm, the bags came out really fast (a little wet from the storm in Sydney but all in one piece). We then caught the bus outside the airport called the ‘Airporter’ that Eduardo (Our couch surfer host) had recommended to us to get to his suburb. It was so easy, it only took about 30 minutes and was a short 1km walk from the bus to their house, which we found easily up until the door number, we waited out side this house until their neighbour told us it was 104A, this was behind 104 so he walked us to their door. There aren’t many Brazilians on the road so he knew whom we meant.



The Couch surfers we are staying with are from Brazil but have been living in NZ for about 3 year now. They are so friendly and accommodating. We picked up a gift from the airport (Kangaroo jerky-and luckily they weren’t vegetarians); we also took a bottle of wine with us. They offered to cook us dinner, which was brilliant as we were starving, but would have happily found somewhere in town too.



We had such a fun evening talking about our cultures and lives, drinking the wine and eating the food Eduardo had cooked us. Him and his wife Susane are also going travelling in the summer around Europe and then back via Asia, so we had plenty to talk about.



They let us stay in their spare room, which was a single bed but once pulling the mattress off, the bed itself was comfy enough to be another mattress. They gave us sheets and offered us towels, showed us how the shower worked and offered for us to do our clothes washing in the morning. Such lovely people!



Neil and I went to sleep feeling very happy that the couch surf experience was so enjoyable!





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb