Birthday Time Again


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Bucklands Beach
March 16th 2011
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Birthday celebrationsBirthday celebrationsBirthday celebrations

Joel, Chelle, Tayla, Sandy,Jamie and Graham as usual is giving instructions!!!!
Yes it is that time of the year again Grahams birthday, he is not counting anymore. We all went out to Clevedon to the Log Cabin. It was a beautiful Summers day or should I say the 1st of March is the beginning of Autumn here in NZ. We have had a very long hot Summer starting way back in October and in the last six months we have only had three rain events. It is very dry and still the sun shines.
It has been very sad in NZ with the Christchurch Earthquake and all the misery that it has caused. We of course live in the Ring of Fire and we are known as the Shaky Isles.
We now are seeing the utter devastation of the Japanese Earthquake, Tsunami and Nuclear Power Plant problems.
These events all come after the devastating Queensland floods and Cyclone. Perhaps after these three events the Pacific will all settle down and we can all rest a little easier.

We had a wonderful day at Waiheke Island with our friends Carrie and Trevor. We were celebrating Grahams birthday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Jamie and TaylaJamie and Tayla
Jamie and Tayla

What pretty faces!!
On the way to Waiheke.On the way to Waiheke.
On the way to Waiheke.

We are leaving from Half Moon Bay and proceeding down the Tamaki River.
 View over Oneroa View over Oneroa
View over Oneroa

Photo shows the Restaurant we had lunch at with Carrie and Trevor.
Full MoonFull Moon
Full Moon

We are having the most amazing King Tides with the full Moons at the moment.
Major slip Eastern BeachMajor slip Eastern Beach
Major slip Eastern Beach

The house in the photo is being demolished as it is deemed unsafe. I wonder why? Who would build in such a crazy place!!!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb