Land about 200km away,


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » National Parks
January 4th 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another day over its gone rather quick again. Up at 8 and a pleasant breakfast overlooking the stern wake from the ship.  Tidied up a number of details at the front office midship and attended a health seminar. We also enjoyed a walk around the Prominard  deck. (3 laps equals 1.5km)

Wow how time flys - lunchtime! So back to the restaurant for food and to meet another group of people. At this time we,re getting guilty of the calorific intake. 
Post lunch we head off to the crows nest to participate in a cocktail mixing group called "mixology" to learn what drink combinations to use to make some interesting brews indeed ending with a tasting too.

Oh the crows nest is the area at the front of the ship about 8 desks above water level featuring 200degree views of the ocean ahead of the ship - very spectacular.
Di headed back to the cabin for a rest, meanwhile I braved the elements doing another 9 laps of the ship. Then guess what TEA so......

After tea we took in a magic / comedy show in the two tiered auditorium.

Well tomorrow we finally reach the Fiord lands national park and get to see Milford Sound. One of the most southern lands in the world short of going to the south pole & a we,re reliably told gets 8000mm of rain every year. Should be cool but as the cloud cover appears to be breaking up we should get a good look at particularly the ice  glaciers, waterfalls & cliffs. Sounds amazing, we look forward to seeing it 7am tomorrow! 
       

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb