Bora Bora, French Polynesia


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Bora Bora
October 25th 2009
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at Bora Bora Pearl Resort. Arriving in Bora Bora was amazing. We stayed on an overwater bungalow which was awesome! The Pearl is great for snorkeling off your balcony because is has a reef nursery with tons of fish and it has a reef under every bungalow's glass coffee table. At night if you just hang out on your balcony with the lights on the water you can see stingrays and sharks swim by your room! It was incredible.

We started the next day early with a 4 hour Land Rover “Safari” around the island. It was beautiful. The roads were narrow, dirt, rock, and really steep. They took us to a view point (really a communications antenna station), to a pearl farm, old WW2 cannons left there by the U.S. and to an artist place up in the hills. In the afternoon we went to the lagoon, which is basically like swimming in an aquarium. We saw sea turtles and swam with lemon sharks, reef sharks, and gray sharks. There were stingrays and tons of fish as well. Finished off the day eating at Bloody Mary’s, nothing amazing, kinda an Americanized restaurant were all the tourist go. We came back to the hotel and watched sharks and rays swim under our room again. I went snorkeling to try night underwater photography, but it didn’t turn out good. It might have been good if it were less windy.

The jeep safari and lagoonarium tour are both a must.

We only stayed 2 nights on Bora Bora, which was enough to see everything, but a little rushed. 3 nights would be perfect.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb