Busy Doing Nothing


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
October 26th 2015
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -19.1846, -177.711

It's another sea day with one less hour in it. After breakfast, we listen to a presentation by Kainoa regarding activities in the next few islands followed by the entertaining Melvyn Foster and "From Wind & Wood to Steam & Steel", part of his series on maritime history. At noon, Mom wanted to lay out in the sun for a while so I went up with her to the pool and blogged while she sunbathed. Around 1:30, we ate a light lunch from the burger bar. Returning to our room, Karen napped while I loaded pictures and watched the news. It was after 6pm when she woke up so we went to the dinner late.

We had dinner with a couple of familiar faces and two new ones from San Diego. Leaving the dinner well after 8pm, we had no chance to see the early show so we went up to the Crow's Nest and sat drinkless for a half hour before returning to see the 10 pm show featuring "The Ukebox", made up of five young lads from Liverpool singing many favorite hits of the 60s and 70s and ending with a medley of Beatle songs. They were very good.

We know 11pm is late and we have a tour around the island of Tongatapu so we retire for the night. Tomorrow is Tonga.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb