Day 29 - Chester's Last Day in Paradise (Without Kirsten)


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
August 4th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today Kirsten started her 4 day journey back to Angola and Chester had one last day in Fiji. As you can imagine the weather has gotten no better. following is a recap of her day.

8 am alarm goes off
9 am breakfast. We had to fight off the regby team just to toast some bread. They would load up all 6 slots and take them all.
10 a m Kirsten is off to the airport. Chester is sad and alone.
10:15 Chester packs for the next day
11 am raining, totally bored
11:15 did nails
11:20 totally bored again
11:30 read book on porch, still raining with no chance of sun
1:00 played cards
2:00 went for a walk on the beach. Rains on way back
2:45 The Fiji version of the movie Top Gun played out in Chester's mind. It's a local fijian rugby team staying at our place. It's 9 v 9. The one guy without his shirt on is Ice Man's partner, no one ever remembers his name. the guy with the big nose. I always thought he was the cutest. Maverick is the one wearing a life perserver under his shirt. We are right on the beach but that seems a little much. Tom was always a beacon of safety though. Goose was another big fujian guy but he has a mullet with a tail. Haven't seen that since the early 90's. Several of the players sport this do! It really brings me back. Ice Man is the one with a six pack, visor, and shell necklace. I wonder if Val Kilmer watches too gun all the time and thinks about how he has let himself go. Have you seen him lately? More like the Ice Cream Man now.
3:08 room just got cleaned and the volleyball game is over. Now what?
3:10 count the number of bug bites on my legs. 28 and counting. I think I just got Malaria. Awesome
3:15 started to input all my addresses into my iphone
5:45 done with address, still raining. At least that killed some time
6:30 typing up the last blog of the trip, getting devoured by more misquitos as this is being written. dinner then bed!

So our trip had ended. Not as exciting as many of our last ones and not quite what we thought it would be. We always enjoy ourselves, but think we can check the box and New Zealand, Australia and Fiji and don't have to come back again.

Thanks for reading!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb