Bulla


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
September 29th 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bulla went the cry around every corner, rumour has it this means hello in Fijian but when they are saying it all day long it begins to loose all meaning. (The locals here are soo friendly) Getting to fjii was quite the shock as it was back to a reasonably undeveloped country, back to the cold showers, electricity being switched off during the day, and not knowing weather your comming or going. We arrived in a small hostel and were supprised at the prices of things such as water etc. And not in a good way. The accomadation was not too bad though it wasnt the best.
We spent a few days on the mainland then headed over to Beachcombe the main island where all the backpackers were etc, this was by all accounts a let down the accomadation wasnt cheap and the island just didnt have the feel we expected. This was worsened by getting incredibly burnt layed on the beach the first day due to out of date suncream we believe. This knocked me off my feet that night and the hole of the next day freezing cold and sweating, nothing would stay down without too much detail, and i was in great need of my bed back home (bassicly a disarster) From here we shot back to the mainland i tried to recover for a while. Also booked to go again this time on a round the islands trip which alows you to get on and off the flyer which is circling the islands day by day.
The morning we had planned to go i woke up still feeling like death warmed up and i had now read in the lonely plannet, the symptons for dengi fever and me being a worrier....well worried, Then i read i may have heat stroke from the burning, it said you should seek doctors attention, so we had to put the trip off for a day (sorry Gary) and headed into town were on the way a random fella just asked if we wanted a lift for no reason just knidness, from there he drove us near to the hospital and dropped us off within minutes though we had a not soo nice fijian leading the way for us to the hospital so we reluctantly followed. Now i did asume he wanted paying for this but was feeling too ruff to care too much, he checked me in, meaning i can now recieve medical treatment in fiji wa hoo. Then he wouldnt leave and believe me we tried in the end Gary volunteered himself to go back to the shop with the man which he said is all he wanted. So he handed me his camera and walet and took 20 fiji dollars with him, i was alone and as i say im a worrier so i wasnt sat there for long before i was tracing our tracks back to town looking for Gary and the kid napper. Getting more and more concered the more fijian and lack of english peolpe that were around. I headed back to the hospital and waited for an awfull 10 or so minutes then Gary returned but not alone the bloke was still with him and amongst other things had told him he has just got out of prison for armed robbery which unnerved us to say the least, as the thieving kid napper was checking when my appointment was, Gary and i were legging it down the road.
The next day i had started feeling better and we began our trip around the Islands. Now i dont remember all the names of the Islands though we enjoyed all of them and met some great people, two girls from Guildford and seperatly two lads from Guildford and a few others. We did some snorkelling while on a boat for the night, which was really clear with loads of fish and coral to be seen.
We spent another couple of days on the main land before arriving too early we thought at Nadi airport, though it turned out we were too late and not a half hour here an hour there but a hole day (i know dad) wooden tops
Luckily there was no major charge for this, and we got away without paying an exit fee so ended up better off. Yep we planned it, Next stop New Zealand



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The love shack The love shack
The love shack

This is what Gary worte on the ceiling, in the love shack where celebrity love Island was filmed


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb