First few days


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu
June 10th 2006
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Update from Zoe

We had a 2 day stop over in Los Angeles, which was hectic. The first night we crashed out in the hotel called Ritz Milner. It was ok, tiniest room ever, but the location was excellent one block from the metro. They don't advertise public transport much in LA, if you ask anyone about how to get somewhere they say taxi, but the metro does exist and is cheap and easy to use.

The second day we went to Universal studios - absolutely brilliant. A really good time to go as well, cos the park was pretty quiet, the most we waited for any of the rides was 20 mins. Jurassic park ride and the studio tour were the best by far. In the evening we went to the Dodger stadium to watch the LA dodgers against the New York Mets. Unfortunately the dodgers lost 4-1, but it was good to see a baseball game. It reminded me of cricket a bit in that you have to be patient as most of the time not alot happens! The atmosphere was pretty timid, alot of clapping, not quite the same kind of excitement as at Highbury.

The next day we hit the tourist hotspots. We dumped the bags at the hotel and went to Manns Chinese Theatre, Venice beach and saw the Hollywood sign. In the evening we got a flight to Fiji. It was an overnight flight, we managed to get a few hours kip, but when we arrived we were both a bit zombie like.

For the first 2 nights we stayed just outside of Nadi at the Stoney Creek Resort. Didn't get off to a great start, when we arrived at 6am the only thing to great us was 4 dogs - quite scary in the dark. At 7am someone opened the door and we got checked into our Bure, which was very cute. From the outside it looks like a little shack, but inside it was lovely. The resort is in the most beautiful location right in the middle of the mountains and next to one called the sleeping giant. A plus point of getting there so early was that we saw the sunrise.

We stayed by the pool most of the day and slept - that was about it cos we were both shattered. The next day with energy renewed, we walked to the hot springs, which were nearby. After walking down a dirt road for 30 mins thinking we were lost we came across the springs and for about 3 quid for both of us we were covered in mud and treated to a soak in a hot spring. This will probably sound not great to the guys, but this would cost alot of money in a uk spa trust me! In the evening they showed the film Alive on a screen outdoors - not the best film to watch knowing we are all going to be flying soon!

Today we are staying in the Coral coast and we will be here for 3 nights. The hotel is nice, our room overlooks the pool and beach - not bad! We've just been around the market and stocked up on food, the fruit is amazing. We made sure there was somewhere we could watch the footie, so at 1am tonight we will be cheering on England.

*No e-mails yet i'm afriad as this is the slowest computer in the world

Lou - good luck with the exams

Bye for now
x

Advertisement



10th June 2006

Photos
World Travellers, hope to see some decent pics soon !!
11th June 2006

Hellooo
Hi Guys, Just a short message. Glad to hear that everything is going well and you enjoying the first week or so of your hols. Will be in touch soon with an email or two, to let you know about any goss going down in Tmouth. (Just been trying to book flights to Larnaca for Vas' wedding, what a nightmare). Anyway speak to you soon.
15th June 2006

Enjoy !!!!
All sounds great so far - i can see that this is designed to make all of us back here as jealous as possible. It is working :-) Continue to have fun and look forward to reading more updates xxx

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb