Suva and Pacific Harbour


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Suva
February 29th 2016
Published: March 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

During this weekend we managed to get to Pacific Harbour for the weekend and stay there. The cyclone hadn’t hit the place too bad, although one of the resorts had damaged bures. Here we managed to do a dive to see sharks, such as bull, lemon and tawny nurse sharks.

It was interesting to get back to Suva which took over 2 hours before we had even left. Bus after bus flew past us as they were all full, resulting in us having to get a the 45 minute ride back on a taxi to Suva.

Earlier that week we decided to head to the rainforest outside Suva. There are some nice treks and rope swing to go and swing into a water pool. Since the schools were still closed, a lot of school kids were there as well, clearly they had a head for heights and did not worry like we did.

There has been a fundraiser to support the relief effort. Unfortunately Silana, where the other project which focusses on teaching is based, has completely been destroyed. The money raised for this will help to rebuild the village as well as go to some long term development projects for the 6 villages in Moturiki that are close to Caqalai.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.8kb