Bula, Bula!!!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
March 30th 2006
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bula Everybody! Welcome to the wonderful Island of Fiji, where the sun is unbearably hot and the rain sets in at about 3pm everyday..it's paradise on Earth to be sure.........

Ok, so maybe i've made it sound a lot worse than it really is, but i was NOT expecting or prepared for this type of weather - i was supposed to be topping up on my tan before i came home, not baking to death and dodging the thunder storms!

Enough of the negatives though, let's focus on the good stuff. For starters the Hostel was nice, which is ALWAYS a good thing, although there's no kitchen so you have to eat in the restaurant each night - not too big of a problem though as the place is pretty cheap! All the staff are pleasant, i have some cool English girls in my luxurious dorm room, there are some handy local shops quite nearby, and to top it off all the locals themselves seem very friendly; although i must admit, it was strange to go back to this type of country again after having been in Oz and NZ - reminds me a bit of Thailand and the Dominican Republic - got to be a little more on your toes!

Unfortunately, we had been warned against leaving the "complex" (i.e pool area) and heading down to the local beach...i have no idea why (bit odd????), and so there really isn't much for me to do! If i was here longer, i'd probably book a round-the-Island tour, but as i only have 3 days it's not really an option for me 😞 So instead, i've resigned myself to attempting to sunbathe until the rain sets in. I did venture into the Town Centre one day (more commercial than i'd expected - bit disappointing!), which helped to pass the time, and i also visited a couple of the Islands close-by: South Sea Island and Bounty Island - where they filmed "Celebrity Love Island" = both were very beautiful and more like the tropical paradise i was looking for! I managed to get pretty much a whole Island beach to myself, for a short time at least - well worth the trip - HEAVEN!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb