Fiji Experience day 2


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Coral Coast
October 26th 2004
Published: March 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Checked out of the beachouse at before 8 30 and waited for the experience bus to pick us up. Said goodbye to Nathan and Beccy (they were staying at the Beechouse for a few more days) and set off for the hike through the jungle. The bus couldnt take us all the way to the start of the hike so we all had to jump on a tiny van. Not enough room for us all so we were sat on the floor drivin on a very bumby dirt track towards the jungle. We got off the little van and met the guide 'Sulu'. We had been told to wear really sturdy footwear but Sulu was hiking in his flip flops!!!It was hard to look at the scenery around us because as soon as you looked up you would trip over a rock or branch.We reached a river and had lunch on the little beach then set off down the river on rubber rings.Went through some mini rapids then reached a waterfall. The Canadian guy Dan decided to jump in naked but it was ice cold so not many people followed him!!!A boat picked us up and took us down the river to wear the experience bus was parked. Set of for Suva on the bus and checked into a hostel called Tudor House. Had a shower and got changed then went out to eat at Bad Dogs in Suva (the capital) Had a meal and a few drinks and went back to the hostel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb