Fiji !


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
March 7th 2013
Published: March 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at Fiji airport to a wave of tropical heat and a cheery welcoming band. Quickly adjusted to relaxed "Fiji-time" by lazing and swimming at the resort pool with a brief trip to Nadi to see the colourful Hindu temple, stopping for a freshly-cut coconut en-route. Next day hopped on a 5 to-a-row local bus across Viti-Levu to Suva the chaotic capital, staying at the aptly named Raintree lodge on the edge of the jungle. Took a very hot and muggy guided trek through the Colo-i-Suva forest park, slipping and sliding over rocks and muddy paths to waterfalls before visiting the national museum with its giant ocean-going canoes and tales of cannibalism (and dodging the heavy tropical thunderstorms that started to flood the museum !).

Travelled up to the Navua valley in the highlands for a scenic whitewater rafting trip down a deep canyon with the river running high after all the rain - paddling the rapids with brief stops for lunch on a rapidly disappearing sandbank and a powerful back-massage shower under one of the many waterfalls streaming down the rocks. Finally took a boat trip out to visit Mana, one of the small idyllic island resorts, swimming out from white sandy beaches to colourful coral teeming with fish and starfish, and chatting to the friendly locals in the sun....


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Before the RaftingBefore the Rafting
Before the Rafting

Upper Navua river


14th March 2013

Jealous
Jealous? Not at all!!! I am loving your pictures Mr Stephen, they transport me straight away from my dreary office to some places exotic and beautiful! And, so love your pics titles!!!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb