Day 101


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands » Mana Island
January 5th 2011
Published: January 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we began our Island hopping - first stop Mana Island! On the boat journey we went past some amazing islands that you could probably walk across in 5 minutes before hopping off at the stunning Mana island, surrounded by crystal clear waters! On the pier we were welcomed by the traditional singing and when we went to get our bags we were told they would be taken for us - luxury! We were given a tour of the resort which rather exceeded our expectations as it was very luxurious considering we had booked the cheapest hostel! But during the welcome drinks we were soon crashed back to ground when our accommodation voucher informed the staff that it was in fact too good to be true!! We were asked to identify our luggage leave immediately having to carry it back through the resort, which we were quickly told we weren't allowed to use, through the guarded fence into our actual place of stay - Ratu Kini! This was more the standard we had been expecting but it was still set on the beautiful beach front and so we enjoyed an afternoon on the beach before having a traditional Fijian dinner! Dinner was followed by the Kava ceremony in which we had to drink Kava (a drink made from the roots of a plant) from a coconut shell and partake in lots of clapping and shouts of Bula! (welcome/hello!) That night in bed there was an almighty storm but luckily the sun was out the following morning......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb