IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! Leaving again.....


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
March 21st 2009
Published: March 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Seat Belts.....Seat Belts.....Seat Belts.....

Cruisin' in the open top...

It's just not FAIR. Every place we like we seem to leave to suddenly. The thing is I like it all! The hardest part of leaving Rarotonga is that I know I'm not going to be in any temperature over 20 degrees for the next year. Which doesn't sound very appealing! Rarotonga is hot, perhaps a bit humid, but it has lovely seas, because the island is completely surrounded by a reef. This means that between the island and the reef is the flattest, warmest, clearest water for swimming in in the whole of the Pacific ocean (I reckon anyway).

Whenever you go kayaking, there's no doubt that the best place to go is the two (mini) Islands in the lagoon. We went to the wedding island, where every so often you would see a bride and groom on a tiny boat, with a load of people in grass skirts playing the banjo and singing really badly in the background. If you just looked down from the kayak, you see all the fish swishing past, following your oars.

Our favourite place to eat on Raro has been NU bar, the portions are so big you doubt even an
BuggiesBuggiesBuggies

Covered head to toe in mud
elephant could eat them. And seeing how much Pinky ate - even she would take a whole day to eat the 'special'.

Dad's bit:
Mmmmmmm - yum.


Olivers bit:

When we went on Coconut Tours Mun drove into a puddle for her, and then a puddle for me - but I ended up with the muddiest legs. Then we had to drive through a water puddle to wash it off. It was raining when we did it, but it was still fun. We went to a juice factory that stinked, we couldn't stay there any longer be cause the stink was too much. Dad drove over a coconut and he nearly lost his wheel. The best bit was when Mum and me had to go around the muddy bumpy track again - 2 times, because the other buggies couldn't get up the hill. Once Dad drove over a huge bump and both of his wheels were off the ground - I could hear Hannah screaming. Dad had a clean clean white t-shirt - and when we finished it was brown brown brown.

Mums bit:
I have found my island paradise...and I really really don't want to leave. White beaches, sparkling blue seas, 40m underwater vizibility, sea is 28c, coral reefs, tropical fish, coconuts, flowers, sunshine, and every bit of me is warm. Theres no rush to do anything, I really think we should stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ParadiseParadise
Paradise

The sea is so clear.


23rd March 2009

Oh, those lovely beaches
Oh, we can feel the warmth of the sun and those clean seas, what an experience. How will you all settle down upon return? The buggy ride looked great fun but why did the juice factory stink? The photos are coming through clear and your smiles say it all. Love from Nain and Taid
23rd March 2009

Sounds like absolute paradise, we can see why you all want to stay. Big hugs, lots of kisses and see you Saturday (hopefully!!)xxx
25th March 2009

New York! New York!
You guys are having a ball, i think you should get mum and dad to ring school and extend you travels on the basis you havent finished your Lonely Planet travel guide yet!. New York to come, just ask mum and dad to try the marathon route for me, just to see if its still as hard. Take care Rob and the girls

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb