Rapid Reaction:Giants loss to the Indianapolis Colts


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Aitutaki
September 20th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

INDIANAPOLIS -- Things worth noting from the Giants' loss to the Colts on Sunday:
What it means: That the New York Giants aren’t in the Peyton Manning/Indianapolis Colts class yet. They can beat the Carolina Panthers, but they aren’t among the elite. When the schedule came out, though, did you really think the Giants were winning this one? The Giants at 1-1 after a 38-14 loss to the Colts is what we expected.
Tomorrow’s talker: The Giants seemed so wary of the pass game that they may have overdone it with with the extra defensive backs. That made it easier for the Colts to run it, and Joseph Addai and Donald Brown looked just great with the ball in their hands, combining for 161 yards and a 4.5 average. Addai looked particularly fresh, decisive and darting. Dare the Colts to run and they can do it. Then watch them hit a beautiful play-action pass like the 50-yard Peyton Manning-to-Dallas Clark pass and fingertip catch in the second quarter.
In addition,after the game,New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs(notes) threw his helmet 10 rows deep into the stands at Lucas Oil Field on Sunday night during his team's blowout loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The errant helmet didn't injure any fans, but did cause a commotion in the stands when the fans who retrieved it refused to hand it back to Colts officials. According to NBC's Cris Collinsworth, someone associated with the Colts eventually got it back by ripping the piece of equipment out of their hands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb