Bob & Debs Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 10th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 17 – 9/3/2015



Top up fuel in Mildura: 298.5km 32.32L $1.23.5/L Avg 10.8L/100km.



Left Mildura at 9.40am. Arrived Swan Hill at 12.50pm. Got a lovely prime site right next to the toilets with the swimming pool just opposite. Set the annexe up& then hopped into the pool which was very therapeutic. The back of the caravan park has the Marraboor River (100m from the Murray River) running along it. Very calm & picturesque with a myriad of bird life.







Day 18 – 10/3/2015



Went 15km up the road to Lake Boga, which is quite a massive lake for water sports of all types. It also has a walking track around it which is well populated by the locals.



Spent the rest of the morning looking around Swan Hill, which is a great deal larger than what you think when you first arrive in the town. Testament to this is the current construction of a Bunnings store.



Mid afternoon we took the short 500m walk to the Pioneer Settlement to take a 1hour cruise aboard the paddle steamer P.S.Pyap. The cruise was very leisurely & scenic, taking in the beautiful & huge Murray Downs homestead. On board commentary along the entire length of the trip gave a knowledgeable insight into the area. Well worth the effort doing if you visit Swan Hill.



Returned to the caravan park & hopped into the pool straight away for what seemed like an eternity. It was just so inviting & relaxing that we did not want to hop out. There is also recliner chairs all around the pool for soaking up some sun or drying off.



Got back to the caravan to find 2 baby Mynah birds outside. When I tried helping them move to a safer location I was swooped at. How rude! They eventually moved to a new location.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb