Australia and its east coast.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 24th 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello again, bit slow in putting these together, long days travelling and not the coverage with wifi etc. Currently in Alice Springs, rather odd name as there in no water here, just getting over last nights celebrations for St George, (dont remember coming home). We got in with a good crowd of Bikies, 'Vietnam Veterans' who are here to parade on Anzac day 25th April.

Anyhow, after we escaped the road works around Melbourne, we found ourselves heading towards Philip Island, we had seen a poster that indicated that the World Superbikes were on the island that weekend, so the next few pictures are from the racing.
Congratulations to Leon Haslam for his podium finish in race 2.

We made some new friends while at the races, Phil a lecturer and his son Kent, and a young chap called Richard who was on his honeymoon. His wife was not as keen on the bikes as Richard, so she stayed at the honeymoon house to tidy up.
After the meeting, we went back to the honemoon couples place and stayed the night.
We went out for a beer or ten and met with many of the gods of motorcycle racing, including Gary McCoy and Kevin Curtain.

We stayed on the island for a few more days and did the touristy stuff, detais and pictures to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Sunrise on race day.Sunrise on race day.
Sunrise on race day.

You have to get up early to get a good spot.
On hallowed turf.On hallowed turf.
On hallowed turf.

Just after the start finish straight.
What a fab circuit.What a fab circuit.
What a fab circuit.

This is Lukey Heights, named after a previous owner I believe.
Classic racing from the 70's/80's.Classic racing from the 70's/80's.
Classic racing from the 70's/80's.

Robbie Phylis on Suzuki 32.
The new BMW's.The new BMW's.
The new BMW's.

Ridden by Troy Corser and Ruben Xaus.


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb