Pissed Off and pissing it down.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 13th 2009
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We broke up the journey to Airlie beach with a stop at Rockhampton. It was ok. We hired bikes to go into town with. I hate bikes and refuse to ever go on one ever again. The brakes didnt work. You had to peddle backwards to stop, which i figured out eventually, but not before i'd almost got run over. It was a really big drop off the pavement too. so theres no need to mention that my bum hurt a lot later on. Other than that we didnt really do anything in Rockhampton, its a bit of a boring town really.

Then on to Airlie beach. We were really excited about this. We had a tour booked for a 3day 2night sailing trip around the Whitsunday Islands. We went the day before and checked in, nothing was said. We arrived at the marina and sat down at the meeting spot. It was raining so we were a little aprehensive about how good it was going to be,but decided that if we were going to get wet we might as well get wet out at sea. The owner of the boat we were meant to be going on was talking to some people who had just arrived back and was talking about how the weather was bad. We found out off him that all the tours had been cancelled and a weather warning had been put out. Dissappointed we returned to town and went to the office. All tours had been cancelled and because of that, the ones on the following days were booked up. At least we managed to get a full refund, though there seemed to be some confusion. The woman at the office had to tell the tour operator a few times that we needed a refund before they seemed to accept it.

So we're unhappy, but we have more money to spend on something else.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.2kb