On Our Way to the USA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 19th 2017
Published: December 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

So it begins again!

The Walkers find themselves in the Qantas lounge with a few hours to kill, an open bar at their disposal and some good times pending. I had myself some refreshing drinks just to help Bec with her pre-flight nerves, always caring! Before to long the flight was, as they say, up up and away!

Our flights went via Tokyo but who cares when you get Qantas PJs! With a bit of a hefty stop over (5hrs) we managed to find the JAL lounge and treat ourselves to a bit of breakfast and a nice warm shower. Bec found the bench seats more comfortable than an aircraft flat-bed and decided to catch up on some zzzz, at least safer than being 1 million miles in the air! I managed to locate the beer dispenser machine and then had no complaints, morning time doesn't exist when you are travelling.

Out of Tokyo and on to the United States. Kicked back and enjoyed the JAL service with ninja like hostesses around every pod corner. The service was awesome and the food was, if not a bit odd was very tasty! With Becky not feeling the best and Oliver not quite sure on what all his food stuffs were I managed to enjoy my two and a half means each go. Throw some Japanese beer and Marvel movies into the mix and I was even closer to heaven than just the altitude.

Now into American air space I toasted it with a chili dog and some black coffee! We hit the ground running, found a ride to the location which would be home for the next week and got settled in.

I will call this a day or at least a few mornings and end here for now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb