Distances in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 14th 2017
Published: October 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our travels in AustraliaOur travels in AustraliaOur travels in Australia

The red dotted line indicates air travel (Brisbane to Melbourne and Darwin to Perth), while the black dotted line indicates ground travel, almost all be Greyhound, except around Perth where we drive.
For those who have not yet travelled to Australia, it's a very big place! Close in size to Canada, we post a map to give readers some idea of the vastness of this continent. On the map, our air travel is shown by red dashes (arriving in Brisbane from Vancouver, then flying to Melbourne, and later, flying from Darwin to Perth). Ground travel is shown in black dashes.

At the bottom of the map, we show that the road distance between Brisbane and Perth is about the same as that between Ottawa and Vancouver (about 4,300 Km). The distance we travel by bus going from Melbourne in the South to Darwin in the North is even more, about 4,800 Km, spread over two weeks, or about the same distance as Vancouver to Quebec City!!

While Ferdy likes to drive, we will take the more relaxed mode for the first three weeks of our trip. Only the last week, when we're traveling in the Perth area, will we be driving ourselves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb