Three Way Creek and Raft Point


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 30th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Fish!Fish!Fish!

A Finger Marked Bream. Like many of our catch this fish completely swallowed the hook. Removing it would be too damaging and as we were using special dissolving hooks the line was cut and the hook was just left.
Geo: -16.1418, 124.521

We decided to skip this morning's wildlife excursion to Three Way Creek and went fishing instead.  Not too successful in terms of numbers caught, but Robyn did manage to land the biggest fish.  And we did have a good look at a crocodile that loitered around the boat for several minutes.

In the afternoon we went on a fair walk to view some aboriginal art galleries and to talk to members of the local clan that tend the rock paintings.  It was very interesting and the spokesman was engaging and informative.  Back at the beach a number of the clan had laid out some of their canvas art for sale.

After dinner Robyn went crocodile spotlighting and I stayed on board for a star gazing discussion.  The spotlighting discovered a 300mm baby croc that was brought on board for examination.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

CrocCroc
Croc

About 2m long, smaller than the average length of 3m.
Raft Point GalleriesRaft Point Galleries
Raft Point Galleries

Kenny and another young man are taking over as the clan's rock artists. Donny Woolgoodja is a member of their clan who gained fame as the creator of the Wandjina dreamtime model used in the 2000 Olympic opening ceremony.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb