Middle Lagoon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
May 13th 2016
Published: May 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Middle Lagoon 180km north of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula. Home to the Bardi Jawi people who were the original inhabitants in this beautiful part of Australia.
3 Nights relaxing with the beach at our front door.
Up early and to bed early each night with the sound of lapping waves on the shore.
Everyone partaking in fishing with some success, catching reef shark, cod, long tom and spangled emperor.
The snorkelling amazing with a view of both large and small reef fish. From clown fish, angelfish to trevelly and reef shark. We saw large rays and sea turtles. Even the coral was amazing.
The water temperature like a Luke warm bath close to shore, air temperature in the low 30's each day.

For a 1/2 day trip we visited Cape Leveque, One Arm Point and Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm.
At Cape Leveque we checked out the beach, camp ground and light house, not all that spectacular. Glad not to have chosen to stay here.
We register at One Arm Point in the aboriginal community of Ardiyooloon. Here we visited the Hatchery (Joolboon) and had a tour. The Hatchery is a working aquaculture centre where fish, trochus and other marine life are bred and released back into nature. We feed the fish here notable was the barramundi's quick powerful feeding action which everyone was startled at and the spitting fish. that if you held you bait above the water spat an accurate spout of water at. We took in Round Rock, Middle Beach and Jologo Beach.
A lovey lunch at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm and back to Middle Lagoon.
Apart from the rough road, bindy /cats eye prickles and the few insect bites we sustained I felt this was a fantastic location.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 74; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb