Bremer Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 16th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jeff and Fran's HouseJeff and Fran's HouseJeff and Fran's House

We parked the caravan in the driveway.
Friday 13th March 2009

A drive around the inlet and Bremer Bay beaches was enjoyed after we’d found Fran and Jeff’s and unhitched the van. We saw on a sign that the Sportsmen’s Club was having a $15 Friday night roast chicken or steak night so decided that was the way to go for the evening. When we arrived just after 6pm we were among the first so we bought a drink and joined a few of the locals at a table outside. We had a very enjoyable night and the porterhouse steaks were fantastic but as good was the terrific range of salads and roast potatoes and pumpkin.

Over the next couple of days we relaxed, read and Rags fished! On Saturday he caught 4 fish but only one keeper! On Sunday he caught about 8 but 2 of these were keepers! Enough for a meal!
We also went snorkelling at Little Boat Harbour. Craig from the dive shop in Bremer Bay who we’d met on Friday, had told us the water was warm and this was one of only 2 places in Australia where one could see sea dragons. We didn’t see any as the water was very choppy but we did see lots of little colourful fish and a wobbegong shark lurking in a hole between some rocks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Unusual cottage on the beachUnusual cottage on the beach
Unusual cottage on the beach

Exploring one of the many dirt tracks from a beach we found this place being built. The builder, Albert, came out and invited us for a drink. We were a bit unsure but then he invited us for a tour so we ended up having a tour and a drink!
Albert the stonemasonAlbert the stonemason
Albert the stonemason

Albert was an interesting character originally escaped over the Berlin Wall from East Germany.
Little house for the buildersLittle house for the builders
Little house for the builders

Albert had built this little house to live in while he did the stonework on the cottage. What a cutie!
More fishingMore fishing
More fishing

At the end of the street was a short jetty where Rags had more luck with his fishing. One of the locals told him to use mullet as bait and this worked a treat!


16th March 2009

hidden treasure
Well, it looks like Bremer Bay was worth a stop - too bad we didn't get the time to go to the wedding! Enjoy!
16th March 2009

How lucky are you
What a lovely part of the country your in. God's own ! I loved the Stonemason's Castle. Glad to hear you are getting a few fish. Your should return home feeling very rested. Love Ya, Mum
16th March 2009

stone house
What a lovely stone house. It seems he is very talented. :)

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb