More gorge action!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 2nd 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went on a walk first thing from camp to the other side of Barnett Gorge where we'd been swimming yesterday. It was pretty much rock-climbing at one point, it was so steep. Also saw a rock wallaby! Had another long swim which was lovely. I got some of that plant that has saparin in it and decided to use it wash my hair to everyone's amusement, but it actually worked fine and no allergic reactions or green hair! Just call me Bush Lizard! Then we walked to Galvans Gorge, a longish walk over a rocky creek bed, to another swimming hole where there was a waterfall and rope swing over the pool. Only 3 of us girls did the rope swing, it was hilarious as you had to balance on this branch first and try to get the rope using a twig whilst trying not to fall in. My rigourous ballet training till the age of 13 came into its own and my balance was flawless! :-) I climbed up the waterfall and made a huge thing about jumping from it into the pool below. Of course the longer you stand there, the worse it gets ... And another massive group of lads came along which didn't help, as i now had an audience of about 30 people all looking up at me. Eventually managed to take a flying leap off the rock and felt quite pleased with myself as i was the only girl that did it. I'm not an attention seeker honest.

After all that excitement it was more driving until the Iminitji Service Station (the only mechanic on the Gibb River Road) where we stopped for a drink and the lady working there showed us a kangaroo tail in the freezer. Makes a change from selling Cornettos!

That night we slept at a lookout over the Cockburn Ranges which was awesome. We saw the sun go down and were up mega early to see it come up again next morning! Stunning!! (if a little cold)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb