Esperance & Cape Le Grande National Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
July 12th 2019
Published: July 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It wasn’t a very long drive from Salmon Gums to Esperance on Thursday and after arriving at the coastal town late morning we were able to check into the Seashore Caravan Park without any bother.







Today (Friday) we took a drive 45km out of Esperance to Cape Le Grande National Park – more rugged granite peaks – and were awestruck at the beauty of the bays that lay before us. The first was Thistle Cove and Whispering Rocks. The power of the waves was astounding; dancing and boiling all at the same time before washing over the rocks with tremendous force. The extremely fine quartz sand was packed firmly beneath our feet, a stark white in colour with swathes of brown from where seaweed has leached out.







A short distance away was Lucky Bay with its well appointed bush camping area above the dunes. A cheeky kangaroo came to see what the fuss was about and he didn’t seem to mind having his photo taken, just kept nibbling at the undergrowth.







Hellfire Bay lived up to its name – it was a cauldron of powerful waves pounding the beautiful white sandy beach and yet the water was the most delicate shade of aqua, so clear.







Our last stop was Le Grande Beach where seaweed had formed a barrier to the water and beyond the archipelago of granite islands.







Simply beautiful and so remote.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb