York/Northam/Toodyay (22-25 September)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » York
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back in Perth on Monday, 15 September and spent the next week hunting camper trailers. We looked at a number of different new and used ones, but in the end settled on an Outback Deluxe model, which was very similar to the Cavalier model we had hired but suited our requirements slightly better. As well as hunting camper trailers, during the week we also made another trip to Fremantle and then Serpentine Falls. On Monday, 22 September we placed an order for a new camper trailer before heading up to York for three nights, staying at Rich's Cottage on the main street (Avon Tce).

On Tuesday we walked along the Avon Trail to the suspension bridge and visited the York Motor Museum (Mark saw his first car, a 1967 Toyota Corona) before catching up on some home school. On Wednesday we drove to Northam and stopped at Northam Pool on the Avon where we walked across the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in Australia (according the local blurb). Afterwards the kids had a play in the great playground before we headed up to Toodyay for lunch at the gas barbecues at another playground (number 999 for the trip!). We also drove to Avon Valley National Park and went for a short walk down to the river. On Thursday we awoke to a light but steady rain, but on the drive back to Perth we stopped at John Forrest National Park, the first national park in Western Australia and the second in Australia after Royal National Park (NSW). Despite the rain (and muddy track) we walked to Hovea Falls and National Park Falls, but arrived back at Mark's mum and dad's place just in time for a nice bowl (or two) of home made tomato soup!

On Saturday we're watching the AFL Grand Final on TV, while on Sunday we start house-sitting our friend's place in Floreat for three weeks before hitting the road again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Suspension Bridge, NorthamSuspension Bridge, Northam
Suspension Bridge, Northam

Australia's longest pedestrian suspension bridge


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb