Yallingup, Western Australia - March and Aug 2016


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Yallingup
March 4th 2016
Published: January 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

For the long weekend in March we headed down to the Margaret River region to stay in our favourite farmstay 4Elements. The kids as always were so excited to see the farm, to fight over opening the gate, feeding he goats and getting eggs for breakfast. There were also a number of families from school down here so it was going to be great to catch up with them.

Somewhere we hadn't been before was the Ngili cave. The kids are now old enough to easily walk the distance themselves and to understand the history of stalagmites etc. The midgit was a bit unsure but soon loved it when he realised how safe it was. We also ventured a little more South than normal and went to Smiths beach. This is an iconic beach for surfers and has a pro competition each year but the council has put a heap of money in to it so there was a beautiful setup with grass, seating and art ... Again a lovely surprise and the kids loved the atmosphere as there was at least 40 surfers out there even in the middle of the day.

Of course MR wouldn't be the same without visiting the chocolate factory, cheese shops and wineries. The kids really got in to the providores this time sampling twenty odd olive oils and sauces... the start of expensive taste 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb