Yallingup - September 2013


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Yallingup
September 16th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

My mother in law was coming to town so we thought for something new we would take her down to Yallingup. 3 bedroom apartments or houses cost quite a bit but we found a place called Yallingup Forrest Lodge and it looked quite lovely and relaxing and prices weren't too bad.

it turned out to be fabulous and we would easily stay here again. There were apprx 12 giant cabins placed randomly in the bush so you couldn't really see the next one. A lovely bush path wound past them all and back to the main entrance where there was some kids stuff such as a trampoline, tennis court, pool and importantly rabbits 😊 The cabin was really sturdy though as the weather wasn't too nice with storms coming through most of the time but we honestly didn't notice!

and did I mention...there was a microbrewery at the entrance! Very handy! The cabins were a great location too as not even 5 min from Yallingup beach and about 10 minutes to Dunsborough. After the 3 hour drive down the kids were very happy to wander around the bush but I must say our holidays need a bit more of an Australian flavor as the Little Miss told me to be careful of elephants!

Our first night there we went to Clancys fish pub who just happened to be putting on a kids movie at 6pm - perfect! until the power went out... everywhere! So we had some excitement as we headed back to out cabin with some tiny candles to light our rooms. some excitement for the kids though 😊

Next day we tried to show the MIL the lighthouse and the most western point of Australia but it was unfortunately shut due to 90km winds. So Eagle Bay Brewing company and Wyndham Winiery it was instead. The kids needed a run so we took them to the Maze and they had a ball even in the rain.

Next day we headed out to Margaret River Chocolate Factory where the kids couldn't believe they were allowed to eatspree chocolate!! I managed to request the Nougot factory and of course some wineries and breweries were sampled 😊 We decided to get Thai takeaway from Dunsborough and go home to watch the footy that night - go the Swans!

Next day we headed back to Perth but stopped at some kids stuff on the way home since the rain had kept them inside for the last few days. There was a kids place called Xtreme that was very expensive and we probably wont go back there, and Simmos ice creamery that was more palatable. All up it was a lovely long weekend and hopefully our visitor saw a bit more of Western Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb