Restful days in Walpole


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Walpole
March 16th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sandy BeachSandy BeachSandy Beach

We enjoyed an early morning walk to Sandy Beach.
Friday 6th - 8th March 2009
Our first stop was Walpole where we had arranged to meet our friends, Kerry and Steve who had travelled across from Denmark for a couple of nights to try out their new camper trailer.
We arrived just after 4pm and had time to set up before Kerry and Steve returned from a walk.
The following day we enjoyed a walk to Sandy beach, canoeing on the Nornalup Inlet and a tour of the surrounding area that included the township of Walpole and the highlight was a walk up to the vantage point at Conspicuous Cliffs. Steve shouted us to afternoon tea at a coffee house in Walpole where we indulged in some high calorie treats!
In the evening Steve treated us to some of the gigantic T-bones from a beast from his property while Kerry and I combined our foodstuffs to come up with some luscious accompaniments. The rest of the evening was spent yarning over a few drinks and we made some loose arrangements to join them on a Gibb River trip in July.

Sunday
We had a restful morning joined by some friends of Kerry and Steve’s for breakfast. This was slightly soured as they had hit a kangaroo about 50 metres before they found Kerry and Steve, causing several thousand dollars worth of damage to his Prado. We ignored the 10am checkout time and it was after 10.30 before we departed for Manjimup.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Conspicuous CliffsConspicuous Cliffs
Conspicuous Cliffs

"You take the low road and we'll take the high road." Kerry and Steve skylarking on the beach below us.


16th March 2009

kiwiland
i think we did the exact same trip in 91. we have all the same pictures. if i didn't live in god's country (canada) i would emigrate to new zealand. mind you i am in mexico at the moment enjoying a warm winter. trevor the whinging pom says hello to you both.... and yes, he is still whinging (is that how you spell it???)

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb