port hedland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Port Hedland
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

21 aug. 10. crashing, crashing, mouth of the murchison. roaring, foaming. kalbarri morning. galahs galore. arrived port hedland after adventurous hitch-hike which including standing thumb out in kalbarri with fifty dollar note in other hand so desperate was i. had tried for four hours the day before and gave up went back to lodgings and then to pub to watch footy for the afternoon. next day after three hours made the money move. bloke in shiny green ute went past and came back to see what was up. i said i'd give him fifty to take me to binnu roadhouse, 77 kilometers, so 150 round trip. he said it was his birthday and yes. after a pee at binnu next car took me to carnarvon, 4 hours, and even went in 5k from highway to drop me in town. he went back and continued having started in mandurah. next day slow start and showery so at servo offered fifty to italian van couple to take me to coral bay. Coral Bay Sung.....blown away in coral bay where the rocks sing and terns thrust in.to the breeze. ssssssurf. at night song lines of the young and in the morning a pied butcherbird sang sweetweetily.found comfortable stones to lie on (almost an impossibility). perfect day in coral bay..... then next morning met italians and gave them thirty to take me to exmouth at 3. had arranged ride with adventure tour leader to take me to nunjatarra roadhouse 5:30 am. and from there couple took me to karratha where daughter was leaving for pt hed. it was 2pm and she was leaving at 4. saw abc radio and did interview which will air monday. went to both newspapers and did interviews and photos. expect articles next week! also did newspaper and abc in geraldton. today interview and photo for pt hed paper.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb