Pinnacles, lobsters, animals and fires on the beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pinnacles
July 21st 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I hopped on my tour van and we picked the rest of the group up. There are 10 of us in total, so a small group. Everyone is pretty cool. I started off calling everyone by their country instead of their name because I couldn't remember their name and then everyone started doing it haha. So I was obviously Canada, there was Team england, Team germany, Frenchie, Team Taiwan and Japan. We headed north of Perth and our first stop was the Pinnacles. These are rock formations formed thousands of years ago and are all over the dessert near the ocean. To me, they are very phallic looking. We walked around a small area of the pinnacles taking pictures and our tour guide, Ryan told us all about how they were formed. It really is a pretty cool sight to see.

We left the pinnacles and headed to a rock lobster factory. Lobster fishermen in this area make heaps of money as they are all exported to Asia and parts of Europe. The factory does little tours and we got to watch a video about how they catch them. Then we got to walk around the factory. They export the lobsters live. It was kind of interesting. Poor little lobsters! Also known as cray fish. We stopped here for lunch as well and had a bbq or people could buy their own lobster but half a lobster cost $15 so that wasn't so cheap.

After lunch we headed up the coast some more to a small wildlife park where we got a bag of food to feed the animals. I fed the horse and the donkey but I had the most fun feeding the kangaroos. They were standing right up and trying to get over the fence just to get at your hand. I love roos!!!!! They let you pet them on the head and everything too. I also fed a deer.

We made our way to Horrocks which is a small town right on the beach. We arrived in the dark so we didn't really see the beach. But we stayed at a beach house overlooking the ocean. The owner of the house also owns a farm. He had dinner ready and waiting for us when we arrived. Yummy!

After dinner we all decided to head down to the beach and go for a walk with a few drinks. There was a couple of young boys fishing from the pier. The owner of the house had come with us and we all thought he looked a bit like John Travolta so that became his name haha. He got some of the boys to pick up some firewood on our walk back and we had a big fire on the beach watching the shooting stars and looking at the milky way. Such a fun night! Great first day to a trip!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb