Two Pints for £17 Perth – OMG!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 28th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Before we headed to Perth, as always we went onto the internet to check out the accommodation and this gave us an early indication (and a mild heart attack) of what we were in for. Everywhere had pretty bad ratings along with double the price of anywhere we’d stayed before. We found the best for our budget in Cottlesloe. So after landing in Perth we got into a taxi and headed to our hostel. Once we got to there we headed out for a drink…our first few hours in Oz scared the bejesus out of us – wed already spent £300 on a few nights accommodation, a thirty minute taxi ride and two pints! Then the most eccentric drunkest loudest Australian dude invited himself to sit beside us and totally ruined the two most expensive pints wed ever bought! Things could only get better….



The next day our number one task was finding a campervan and getting out of the hostel asap! We spent a few hours checking the internet, got a phone card sorted and took a walk about Cottlesloe, which was everything we ever expected Oz to be like – people out running along the beach, wind surfers, kite surfers, families out with their children having picnics in the sun – everyone enjoying the outdoor life - amazing!! However, by the end of the first day we were pretty disheartened - we were finding everything so expensive and the accommodation standards to be so poor even compared to some third world countries wed been to….this is the first place in the world we’d had to pay for our wifi usage and it was really expensive – which is why weve been finding it so difficult to keep upload these blogs. Sorry!!



The next day we got lucky – a campervan came up on Gumtree within our budget and that’s when Bob the campervan came into our lives. It was a special day! Lol The only problem now was paying for it because our credit cards had been stolen in Thailand and wed pretty low limits on our debit cards plus the banks kept blocking our cards thinking they were stolen. Nothings ever easy! Luckily the couple we were buying the van off were so generous and offered for us to stay with them until we were able to withdraw enough money. While staying with Julie and Neville we felt like we were in a series of Neighbours – chilling out in their pool and sipping a cold beer in the garden with their neighbours.



The few days we were staying with Julie and Neville we made a couple of trips into Perth, where we had a look round the city and visited Kings Park with its amazing views over the city. We also took a quick trip into Fremantle and treated ourselves to a box of chips that we shared lol Well be returning back to Perth in a couple of months to fly home for two weddings, so well have a proper look round Perth and its surrounding area then.



After a few days we were on our way to start our new life on the road – exciting times for the three of us – Me, Phil and Bob. Since well be flying home from Perth in a couple of months we decided to stay on the West Coast and head North before eventually heading East when we get back again to Oz.







Lots of love from Down Under!



-Phil & Alana xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb