Ready, set...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
May 25th 2012
Published: May 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

"You're so lucky"

"Do you worry about, you know, only having family to talk to?"

"Can you take me with you?"

"You won't want to come back!"

"Do you think you will still be married by the end?"

"It will change you" (said in an upbeat way - one wonders what changes they hope for)

"It will change you" (said in a depressed way)

Just a few of the reactions from people when I tell them we are soon to take four months' leave and head off around much of Australia in a Patrol, towing a camper trailer.

My husband Mike has done masses of things to the car. It's been to all the car servicing or accessories businesses in the local area and some further afield. I think it's likely doubled in value since we bought it 😉 .We're certainly giving our local economy a lot of support and we haven't even left yet!

We have had a couple of trial runs. During the latest, to Wellington National Park near Collie, we tried to set up the annexe and found the instructions left something to be desired. Perhaps next time we'll get it right. We decided we don't need to take the annexe walls on the trip, so won't be worrying about that again for a while.

The Excel spreadsheet for the trip plan has 6 columns and up to 68 rows. There is also a 98 row itinerary. For a relaxed camping trip with very few fixed dates or bookings we may have gone slightly overboard. Possibly.

The kids are not that excited yet. I mean, there's over a week to go.

Advertisement



25th May 2012

Goodluck and bon voyage Sal!
Looking forward to reading the blog and hearing about your adventures. It's something I'd love to do, so I'll consider your trip my trial run if that's cool with you :D Map out the quicksand and the rickety bridges :p It's gonna be awesome. Definitely an 'it'll change you for the better!'
26th May 2012

Thanks Bon, I could see you guys doing a trip like this one day!
28th May 2012

Happy Camping!
Wishing you and the boys (Mike included) all the best for your trip. Hope you have a fabulous time and create many memories. I'll be keeping an eye on the blog and reading about all your adventures.
1st June 2012

LOL Sal! That is so you - a spreadsheet! :D Enjoy!
2nd June 2012

Have fun!!!
Have a fab time Sal!!!! it will be fantastic!!!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb