getting ready


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 28th 2004
Published: November 28th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Perth from Rottnest IslandPerth from Rottnest IslandPerth from Rottnest Island

A shot of the WA coastline with the skyline of Perth in the afternoon mist. Taken from Rottnest island, a beautiful place just about 30 km off the coast.
so, here it starts... the semester is over - at last. the last two weeks were really stressing me out with exams in all three core units whithin 10 days. i don't think that i have ever felt so stressed by university before. the good thing about it is the fact, that now everything is finished. no more assignments due, no exams during a second period, just plain three months of sweet idleness and a lot of time for travelling.

before i hit the road, i have to move to another flat within the student village of my university, as all residents staying for the summer are pooled together in one area. well, i don't really mind, as it means a bunch of new people to live with for a couple of weeks (that's both good and bad ;-) and as long as i get a bed to crash i am fine :-) so today i will basically cleane up my current room and flat, pack my things and prepare for the move tomorrow morning. i just hope that the "check out" goes smoothly and that i do not get the village manager for checking the flat, as she is
Wedge Island BeachWedge Island BeachWedge Island Beach

A shot of the beautiful stretch of sandy beaches at Wedge Island. Wedge Island actually is not an island but an illegal settlement (mainly fishermen) on the coast. The beaches are mind-boggingly beautiful and are among the best surf-spots for beginners (that's why I went there). Will give a retrospective of the whole trip later :-)
really anal about her required "standards of cleanliness" (funny thing is, that she's applying double standards all the time...).

ok. this blog is not about being a resident in a village, but being a traveller of a country. so here is what i am actually getting ready for: it will be a trip up north the west coast of australia. we will travel for six days, visiting places like shark bay, monkey mia, and coral bay. exmouth is the northernmost point of this trip. in between we will visit a couple of national parks that lie along the route. overnight stays will mainly be camping on sheep farms (really! *g*) etc. with hopefully one or two nights on the beach. i guess that we will sit around in the bus for quite some time but i think that i will be worth it. the tour starts on tuesday, the 30th so there is another two nights before i actually leave.

come back soon, to check for news about the trip!

sebastian

Advertisement



29th November 2004

Feel Spass!
Ja, Sebi, alles Gute auf deiner Tour, und verlauf dich nicht in der Pampa. Und vor allem, komm gut zurück! Bis bald - Volker

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb