Perth, Yangchep, Cervantees,


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
July 22nd 2019
Published: July 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We're back in Perth after spending last Friday here. On Saturday we started north to look at the koalas at Yangchep national park also saw lots of kangaroos there. We then headed north again, passing the huge very white sand dunes, very interesting apparently they move about 12 metres every year. We carried on to the pinnacles which were vast. They covered many hectares. Then on to Cervantees for the night! no internet so no post.The next day we headed to the stromotolites and did a leisurely walk arount lake Thetis it is not that big, more a large pond 4-5 rugby fields in size. Then cruised back to Yangchep national park and booked into the inn there. We did a couple of bush walks for the afternoon, looked at the Koalas again, they were much more active this time and we actually saw a couple of them moving - got some picturges! As it got to dusk we settled on our deck area of our hotel room as the kangaroos came to the lake to feed and drink and the very noisy large variety of birds settled for the night. Again no internet. We also kept hearing this noise like a banjo from varing parts of the lake - apparently it was the banjo frogs. We had a lovely meal with a very good wine at the inn, I think we may have been the only guests staying on Sunday, it was a magic night with with the wildlife and nobody around. This morning we woke to the noise of the birds waking - Australian birds are very loud and the kangaroos were bouncing back to a sunny spot to sleep for the day. We then headed back to Perth and spend a couple of hours back at the art gallery which was well worth the time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb