1st week in WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Subiaco
April 20th 2011
Published: April 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


2 BIG galahs2 BIG galahs2 BIG galahs

In Kimba
Hi everyone, Sorry for the delay in writing another blog.
We have been super busy with Heather. Out nearly every day sightseeing.
Perth has certainly changed since last time I was here. It is as beautiful as ever. They have managed to grow and yet retain its unique beauty and many parklands. The area that Heather lives in is lovely. Very handy to everything. It has lots of trees, parks and ponds. We have been up the north coast, down to Fremantle, the famous Kings Park and tramped all over Perth City. Over the weekend we are thinking of heading down south a bit and maybe out to the Midlands. Anzac day will be busy; as well as attending services; we will be helping Heather serve morning tea for all the marchers. She does this every year. We will be setting up the hall tomorrow arvo for it. It is funny staying with the Lord Mayor of the City of Subiaco, because everywhere we go with Heather she is recognised and people want to chat. We had a visit to the Council Chambers and we got to sit in the Mayoral chair.
Before Richard died he would take their little dog – Doogle to the dog park twice a day. He became known to all locals and was lovingly regarded as the Sheriff of Dog Park. When he died the locals raising money for a memorial park bench with plague in his honoured. They even had the concrete slab extended to accommodate a ‘gofer’, just like Richard has been confined to for the past 6 years. It was a very sad time for Heather, Rodger and me (visiting his special bench), however also a wonderful feeling, knowing he was so loved and respected in his community. Well folks I hope you all have a lovely and safe Easter.
Miss you all.
Lots of Love – Di and Rodger. Remember to live, love and laugh a lot.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb