Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » South Perth
January 24th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The first week and a half in Perth has been mainly just us settling in, we go to the shopping mall up the road on the bus, we walk around, we have lunch, we come back, apply for jobs. Pretty much the same all week.

The on Saturday I had an interview in the city of Perth - Bus, train (we're about 45 minutes south). The interview was at 5.30 but i got all sprused up at 10.30 and we spent the whole day walking around the city. We had lunch, went to the museum, which was pretty good - small but good...pretty much just wasted time and by the time we walked back into the city from the museum to realise the hotel where the interview is was back up where the museum was, i didn't feel as fresh as i did at 10.30 that morning. Interview went well though - i didn't have to answer any questions or do any talking though, which i didn't expect. I hear back on Wednesday.
After the interview Luke and I went to the movies in this absolutley adorable movie theatre called picadilly theatre and it was huge, like an actual theatre theatre from the 1930's all art deco and the chairs were plentiful and tiny and old. We saw The Green Hornet. loved it. Seth Rogan cracks me up. We were pretty tired after that so we went for the train only to discover the buses home stopped ages ago, Jess and jason came to rescue us.

Sunday was a magnificent day. It rained a little, which was some lovely relief from the sweltering heat and we went to Fremantle to the sunday markets. They were big and indoor and kinda squished...but we love a good market so we do. The town had such a buzz about it on a sunday, it was a clash of all the senses - people having sunday sessions clashing the noise of several different performance artists (including this one dude who did rock tunes on his bagpipes), then you could smell so many different kinds of pretzels, donuts, indian food, pizza and there was coffee and sweets in the air, colours and people everywhere - it was fantastic. We went to a bar and had some big burgers and random beers, then we wandered a little more and called it a day. When we got home i went for my first run of the year. It's been far too long and i definetly felt it today but i'll do it again tommorrow. After that i went online and played online scrabble with mum and Luke (while he was in the room next door, lol sad) then we snuggled in and watched Richard Gere do his best at an Irish accent in the Jackal. Perfect Sunday.

Today...i'm still in my pj's and it's well past dinner time. 😊

Luke has an interview for a kitchen job tommorrow in Perth so we're going back to the city for that. Then Wednesday is Australia day and we're all going to Raggamuffin which is a raggae festival. Should be fun.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb