BBW Traveller - Top Three Fears For BBW/BBM Travellers On Planes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
October 22nd 2015
Published: October 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Talking to fellow BBW/BBM travellers we have come up with the top three fears when travelling on planes

So first fear... Seats - Will my butt look big in that seat? Aka... Will I fit in the seat?



Second fear... Tray Table - Will the tray table make in down flat or will it be another flight of not eating just because the tray table

can't lay flat cause it gets caught on my stomach?



Third fear... Seat Belt - Well more an embarrassment than fear... Getting an extension for the seat belt.



Seats ... Consider that the average economy seat width is only 17-18 inches and the average traveller is getting wider and wider... It makes no sense to make the seats so small. But I guess passenger comfort doesn't get in the way of airline profits!

Seat Guru http://www.seatguru.com is a great site to visit when planning to book airlines and seats. Do your research on seat sizes and locations, no one wants the seats right near the toilets or galley. And with many airlines now requiring BBW & BBM to buy two seats, you'll need to check with your airline.

Don't forget to have a look at You Tube, so many videos on different airlines, different classes and different seats. Although lacking in info for BBW/BBM, still informative.

For our trip we have been lucky enough to be traveling in business class, but even then the few extra inches won't always make it comfortable!



Tray Table .... They pose a problem too... With only two positions.. "stowed" or not. They can't be moved back or even to the side.

Surely it would be smart to have pivoting, swing or at least different levels? So people can adjust tray tables to suit them? And even when using them to work off, play with tablets/laptops etc wouldn't flexability be helpful?



Seat Belts ... Sure you could try to fake it, but trust me taking off, landing or turbulence without one of those is a scary thing! You've seen enough evening news reports, "Air Crash Investigation" and "Seconds From Disaster" to know the very real danger of passengers being unrestraine. So your going to have to ask for one. I'd suggest doing it early on in the boarding process. Don't leave it to the last minute. Again why I wonder airlines are not moving with their ever expanding passengers waist lines and getting longer seat belts?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb