Perth WA Jan 15+


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
January 15th 2009
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jan 15
Flight out of NZ was fine little late but arrived early but Sydney airport was to busy we had to wait for a bay. Immigration was pretty crowed but customs was a mad house, completely jammed with people and i only had a hour and half to get my bags clear customs and recheck in. Of course our baggage carousel got tossed around as well when i first got down there it was 9 then 5 mins later it was #10 then 15 mins later there was an announcement that it was on #15 ridiculous. i managed to sneak through customs fast and make my next flight.
When i landed i ran u tom and he said he was on his way. no worries finally a hassle free exit from a airport haha. Hung out till Mike got of work then headed to his house. Then we (brother dad and friend) went to a cricket match a 20/20. It was pretty cool much faster game than the normal chess match so that was good. Then mike and i headed down to margerat river. Where we slept in a swags in the car park.
Jan 16th
We checked a few surf sport and wound up surfing a nice point break called north point. I was a pretty steep deep take off but i got some fun ones and a few barrels. Then we went to a place called left handers. It was super crowed but a snagged a few there as well. By this time tom should have made it down to Margrate area so we headed north a bit to yuelling up beach to meet him. We had some lunch then headed to a place that had potential for spear-fishing. But unfortunately there werent really any fish in the rocky cove we were in probably better because my lil spear-gun was crap. the lil think would kill an fly so pitiful and underpowered. We decided to head back to town to hang out and the boys had a beer then ordered a pizza and took it to the beach to watch the sun set, yep you guessed it beautiful. We then headed to a potential surf spot to came for the night.
Jan17
The surf was looking crap the wind was already on it a 6 am and it looked cold and small. We drove around to a few spots to find something good but no luck. So we headed over to Bunker Bay to volunteer with the DSA disable surfers association. It was really nice almost all of the kids were great and super happy to be in the water surfing. One however was not so keen he took a sucker punch at me when we were lifting him into the water he wasnt a happy camper haha but all the others were super happy. After the free lunch we headed to a rocky beach break around the corner which was quite crowded and windy but we went out and snagged a few any way. Mike decided not to stay the night since the winds werent looking great. so we headed back to his house.
That night we went to a party/BBQ with some of mikes friends i meet some really nice cool people.
Jan 18
Was uneventful. Day of rest. we did make some sick pizzas in toms wood fire oven at night.
Jan 19th
Tom and i went over to Andrea's, his girlfriend, to have lunch and then head to the aquarium with her sister and younger brother. i spent that night at mikes house where he had me listen to some of the songs from his band they are really good. hope they make it big.
Jan 20th
Tom and i headed to Fremantle with hopes of seeing the Maritime Museum or the old prison but we had some mega fish and chips for lunch and were to full to do anything. so we just walked around town checked out the Oval house a smaller prison and did some shopping i got a new band from my spear gun and some really nice ugg boots. That night mike had some friends over so we cooked up the rest of our filet and made a salad. it was quite nice. I got to meet his south African friend John who was really cool guy. We just hung out and watched tv the rest of the night.
Jan 21
Today was mostly solo. I walked through the massive Kings Park and then through Perth checking out the cool buildings and sights along the way. That afternoon Tom picked me up and we went to the Pincacles. It was beautiful. They are lime stone rocks sticking up out of the sand like giant tombstones or something. we got there near sun set so we got some beautiful pictures. It was a very eerie place sort of Stonehenge feeling.
Jan 22
collected my things from mikes house to move to toms house. We fixed mikes tire for him. then went for a body surf on the beach and i did a small swim work out. Then we went to Ruth another South African friends house to have dinner, which was an amazing lamb roast. Local lamb as well from down south so it was truly awesome.
Jan 23
Today we hit Rottnest island. We took and early ferry over,Tom Andrea, Erika, and myself. We rented bikes and proceed to the first beach to snorkel. It was pretty nice not make colourful fish but a few. Got to see a 10kg fish as well as some sort of reef shark so it was pretty sick. We then went to this place to do some cliff jumping which was awesome but turned out disastrous. I had decided to through may camera in waterproof case down to Tom below to get some footage. But as the camera hit some how the case popped open and got the camera soaked, we tired drying it as best we could and got his brother to buy some desiccant to put it in for a few days when we got home which we did but no dice. We are headed today to get a new one and see if i can get the footage off the old one. After the destructive drop i wanted to go out for a surf so we found Ricey beach which had a ok wave so i paddled out for a bit and snagged a few waves. After my surf we had lunch and just hung out till the ferry picked us up to take us home. That night tom and i were very tired so it was a early night to bed.
Jan 24
Mike came by mid day to go for a surf session at the super crowed Perth beach break. We got a few waves but it was windy and again super crowded so we headed in. The rest of the day i just chilled and then did a work out had dinner with Toms family watched a movie with his brothers and went to bed.
Jan 25
Another down day. We went to the grocery store to by stuff to Aussy day tomorrow. I made civche and my salsa both were a big hit. went for a swim work out in the afternoon then watched a movie at night with everyone.
Jan 26 Aussy Day
Andrea got me into her surf club so i could do a propper work out with some weights. Then got all the toppings read for the pizzas and started making pizzas as people came over. We headed to the beach for a lil body surf. then back to more food and pizzas. After dinner we headed down to the river front in Perth to watch the 30 min fireworks display it was quite impressive. Home to bed

Advertisement



27th January 2009

Fiji
Terry, The ride from the resort to the airport sounds amazing especially since it took so long , but only amounted to about 1/2 mile if you had been able to go straight. No one fellout? Looking forward to some more entries.

Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb