We Are On Our Way


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Airport
September 15th 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well the time has arrived and we are set for departure. The car collected us at 7pm on the nose and we were driven to Perth International. Richard is a VIP with Emirates Airline. We arrived at the airport and the driver opened my door! I was a bit surprised especially since I was about to grab the handle.

We bypassed all the people in the Economy queue and checking at Business Class. However the Business Class was full and we couldn't get an upgrade. Boo. Passed through immigration and got a refund on the GST for the new camera I bought. Then security easily but Richard was stopped for a frisk that took all of 30 seconds. The frisker wasn't even cute however I get the feeling, if it was me frisking we'd still be there!!

We also have access to the Emirates Business Class lounge at the airport. It's a lovely spread of food and the bar is free. Dinner tonight consisted of smoked salmon and cream cheese (twice), crayfish and potatoes Fishcakes with Mediterranean vegetables, bread roll and butter, cheese board and little French Desert cakes. I went back for seconds and had Turkey and Swiss
Free BarFree BarFree Bar

Emirates Business Class Lounge
cheese Lorraine and the Mediterranean Vegetables. It is so nice. I think I'm over excited and with very little sleep last night I'm feeling a little light headed and I think to two glasses of Moet and two Bloody Mary's are assisting me with feeling even funnier!

We sat looking out over the runway in the restaurant watching the planes landing and taking off. I still get excited about the amazing fact that these huge metal things can get into the air. It's wonderful to watch.

Just before boarding we found a massage chair that gave you 15 minute massage for free. Had great fun playing with that and getting a massage. I found it good but not as nice as a human massage.

We boarded the plane and had exit row seats 37 A and 37 B. Seats rather uncomfortable although we had nothing in front of us my seat was in the window and very close to the door so I had to sit side ways to stretch out. Dinner was served just after take-off, Shrimp and Pasta Salad, Braised Beef with mash and vegetables, Chocolate Mud Cake, cheese and biscuit and it was nice. Had a few G&T’s too and with the help of a sleeper pill, got some fitful sleep. Flight was uneventful but Richard moved to the crew seat and got comfortable only to be told he couldn’t sit there.

Just before landing we had breakfast with Fruit, Mixed Grill and Croissant. We landed at Dubai Airport about 30 minutes early. The plane was parked away from the terminal building and we disembarked down the stairs instead of the sky bridge and onto buses. The heat and humidity was stifling. It was 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) and the humidity felt like 90% very high. All this at 5 o'clock in the morning. Fortunately the buses were parked quite close and we were able to not get too sweaty. Arrived at terminal and entered Dubai International Airport Terminal Three.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

French CakeFrench Cake
French Cake

Emirates Business Class Lounge
Airport RunwayAirport Runway
Airport Runway

From the Business Class Lounge


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb