Five Cross the Tropic of Capricorn to Kennedy Ranges


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Meekatharra
September 20th 2018
Published: September 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Wildflowers as far as the eye can see ... we could travel 100-200 km on these red dusty roads and at each side of the road we marvelled at swathes of all different wildflowers and flowering shrubs and trees . On a couple of days I counted the cars that we saw 3 one day and 4 the next . Yes this was remote and where else but in Oz would you drive 60 km there and 60 km back to a place near Pindar to... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




20th September 2018

Beautiful!
I have so much enjoyed reading this, Lynne! I am also amazed at what a remote and essentially Aussie experience you have had! A real adventure and exploration! Your descriptions and the photos really capture it well! About ten years ago I did something similar, but I didn't camp. Good on you for going the whole hog!
21st September 2018

Aussie experience
Hi Maureen It has been so amazing to be able to do the Camping bit ....I got quite good at hammering in tent pegs and going without a hairdryer ! Am finding as before you Aussies are so kind and generous.. see you in Port in December .
20th September 2018
A different map of Australia

Five in WA Outback
Wonderful to read you are embracing the wide open spaces, colours and hospitality of the Western Australian Outback, Lynne. Also good that you are spending time rather than rushing. Rushing is not the Aussie way. Enjoy the West. Looking forward to when you hit the East...but hey...no need to rush.
20th September 2018
A different map of Australia

In the slow lane !
Hi Dave It feel like a real privilege to have been able to do this camping trip and to meet these Aussies who live and work on the land And hear their stories . Loving it ?
21st September 2018

Camping the Outback
What a once in a lifetime experience. Nothing better than wall to wall wildflowers. We are glad you can add hammering tent pegs to your resume. Hearing the stories make it all worth it.
21st September 2018

Outback
I suppose the test is whether you would have the experience over again ...and YES I would love to do it again ...it made such a difference to be with experienced Aussies campers and be able to fit into the team.
22nd September 2018
Temple Gorge

This beautiful land
I'm in awe of your amazing camping trip. I haven't been north of Perth and your photos are making me very envious...especially seeing that landscape come to life in spring. Safe travels, and we look forward to seeing you soon :)

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 17; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb